Wednesday, July 30, 2008
What goes better with hookers than peanut butter patties...
Oh how I love working in downtown DC. I can't tell you how heartwarming it is to get off the bus every morning and walk with my head down trying not to make eye contact with anyone. Meanwhile a homeless woman is coming towards me yelling "MA'AM! MA'AM! Can you help me? I'm hungry and I'm pregnant". Nevermind that she is obviously past her reproductive years. And it just filled my heart with joy to bond with the man in the business suit on the next corner when a prostitute walked by us and he wondered aloud about what she was selling. My internal response was "Thin Mints, of course! What? You mean you were too busy watching her buttcheeks peek out of her dress to notice her sash and badges?". Speaking of Girl Scout cookies, when do they start their campaign again? I am going through withdrawals and in serious need of some Tagalongs (they will forever be peanut butter patties to me, just like New York and Company will always be Lerners)...and in my quest to find out when they start selling them again (UGH, January to March) I stumbled upon a recipe for homemade Tagalongs! Anyone want to venture a guess at what I'll be baking really really soon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And now I have to go make Samoas, my favorite GS cookie. Since I haven't had too much time for cooking/baking these days either, maybe I'll be able to skip this fattening (but oh so tasty) recipe as well. Of course, Edi's ice cream is just plain evil when they carry their GS cookie ice cream. It's actual GS cookies in the ice cream. The only thing better would be if Bruster's made GS cookie ice cream.
ReplyDelete