1. Take Sydney to park weather permitting – PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be weather permitting because we REALLY need a day spent outdoors. Or an afternoon. Or even an hour.
We didn't make it to the park, but did manage to take a nice leisurely stroll around the neighborhood on Saturday, or was it Sunday? I can't remember which. We even walked by the farm at the end of our street to look at all the horses.
2. Google recipes for Valentine’s dinner (Giada’s ravioli with balsamic brown butter or pork tenderloin and risotto) and shop for ingredients.
I made both. For two separate meals, obviously. As hungry as I get sometimes, even that is too much food for one sitting. Both were delish!
3. GYM!!!
Yes! I managed to drag myself out of bed twice this weekend and go to the gym first thing. By the way, I am a testament to sufferers of mommy amnesia everywhere that I can't remember if it was Saturday and Sunday, or Sunday and Monday that I went! Frustrating.
4. Laundry – organize laundry room, go through clothes for donating.
Does sorting and tossing about 10 loads worth down the stairs for hubby to do count? Because he totally rocked the laundry this weekend. For that I am eternally thankful! And a little teapot (just seeing if you're paying attention honey) :) And for what it's worth, I do have a giant bag of shoes ready to be donated.
5. Clean the floors upstairs. I am way more excited than I should be about using my new shark steam mop. Does that make me crazy?
Let me just say that I ADORE my steam mop. If you don't already have one, get one. Now. You won't regret it. This thing blows the swiffer out of the water and you don't have to worry about getting the cleaner all over your wall and cabinets if the mop gets too close because all it requires is funneling some water into the reservoir (though I did carry around a spray bottle of Murphy's to hit the floor with first).
6. Print new pictures of Sydney for Grandma and Grandpa. I don’t think my mom is going to ask nicely for much longer!
FAIL! Sorry Momma. I promise to be a good daughter and send some soon.
7. GYM!!!
See number 3 above. Go me!
And now for your viewing pleasure, cute Sydney pictures!
Here she is coming after mommy and her camera. You can see the determination in her beautiful blue eyes.
At any given point in time, this table can be found anywhere in the house her little heart desires to push it. Well, except maybe the stairs. Here it is posing in front of my kitchen cabinets, which are in dire need of a face lift!
Our little cowgirl rocking her Atlanta Braves onesie...sorry for the blur, but can you see how pretty my floors are now? :)
Awww she's giving her horsey a hug.
I can't believe she's 13 months old now!!! I think I've been in denial that she is growing up so fast. Right until I looked at this picture. I mean, really looked at it. Next thing you know she'll be begging us to take the training wheels off her tricycle and asking to borrow the keys to the car and I just can't bring myself to think that far ahead!!!
I can no longer deny that she is growing up. But to me, she will always be my sweet baby girl.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom and cry.
Aww - she is just so adorable. :) And congrats on the accomplishments! Now, get yourself to the photo printing place, lol.
ReplyDelete:) Becky aka StinkyLemsky
Teapot? Am I just slow this morning??
ReplyDeleteWhy can't ya'll move closer? As Elmyra in Animaniacs used to say...I want to take her home and hug her and squeeze her.