Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Brownies. Teething. Rush. Blazing Heat. Yep, that about sums it up.

I would say this morning got off to a pretty good start. For one, I actually heard my alarm go off after I hit snooze unlike yesterday when I just happened to wake up 20 minutes later (oops!). I had one brownie for breakfast instead of the two I managed to sneak in yesterday (must have been the fear of missing my bus, although taking the time to unwrap a plate of brownies and scarfing down two of them and then wrapping them back up so they don’t get stale is not really conducive to saving any time). My regular bus driver was back for the first time in two weeks so I got a free ride! I’m pretty sure I heard collective sighs and congratulations from everyone who saw him on the bus this morning. And lastly, Sydney was awake this morning when I went to get her out of her crib to change and feed her (she’s usually knocked right out and all stretchy and sleepy when I pick her up – it’s so cute to see her chubby little arms go behind her head and the squint in her eyes from the light in her room so early in the morning). But not today, she was all squeals and smiles when I walked in the room. When she saw me I swear she almost pulled herself up on the bumper she was so excited! It was absolutely euphoric! You can’t get that feeling from anywhere else in the world. You just can’t. She is my drug. My addiction. My sweet baby girl…who is getting her first tooth as we speak…and likes to commandeer her spoon during supper…so she can chew on it…and proceed to smear said supper all over herself…and me…and the highchair…even the dog...making things infinitely more messy than they should be.



My other addiction? Food blogs. My enabler? Kate. Do I want to go to rehab for said food blog addiction? No. Should I? Probably. What’s so special about these blogs? I think it’s my desire, my aspiration to make something beautiful and delicious and since I am too clumsy to do much with knitting needles or a glue gun, food is my outlet. At least in my head since I no longer have time to spend more than 10-15 minutes at a time in the kitchen and my decorating skills are right up there with any kid gluing macaroni to a piece of construction paper only the macaroni picture is probably prettier and tastier. If it’s not processed and packaged, we’re unlikely to be eating it these days. I want to change that though. Hopefully with Doug changing commands I’ll have time to indulge in some culinary experiments real soon.

And completely unrelated, this past weekend we went with Dave to see Rush out at Nissan Pavillion. I thought we had pretty good seats.



So what are your theories on green shirt guy? Mine: it looks like he is trying to cast his web at Geddy Lee.

I’m actually surprised my camera caught this picture so clear. Most of the ones I took were fairly muddled. And it only looks like he was about to fall over backwards. He actually made it all the way to the other side of the stage…rock on old man, rock on. And dude with the hairy arm, you might want to look into electrolysis.



And did I mention it was a gazillion degrees outside? Yeah, it was a gazillion degrees outside.

1 comment:

  1. First, I'm honored to be your enabler. I haven't checked my Google Reader in a few days, so I'm kind of scared to see how many new food blog posts I have to read. (Just checked: 25. OK, now I'm a little disappointed.) I love just staring at the pictures while I'm eating my healthy meal or just listening to my stomach growl.

    Second, yes, that guy is casting a spell. I suppose he just finished watching a Harry Potter movie. Or maybe he's a closet Sabrina the Teenage Witch fan, you never know.

    ReplyDelete