Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why can't little girls just be little girls?

I got an email this morning from the gap letting me know their new fashion collections were here. When I opened the email, it featured this outfit. Yes, it is a totally cute outfit but I’m curious. Can anyone tell me why a toddler would possibly need to carry a purse? Sure, it’s great for playing dress-up with friends and cute that she wants to be like mommy, but I don’t think that the fine folks over at the gap are necessarily playing it from that angle. Maybe I’m just being prudish, but I don’t want Sydney carrying a purse until she’s in junior high. And in that purse she will carry her library card, some gum, her lunch money, and maybe some lip gloss!

What do you think? Am I’m being too unreasonable or overprotective in not wanting my daughter to end up like half the twats in Hollywood, hell, even Disney for that matter? Of course, I’ve got a little time to change my mind about this seeing as how she’s still in diapers and barely crawling, but I don’t think I will.

3 comments:

  1. What do you mean. She will have to dress like that. Especially when we start putting her on the beauty paegent tour. Look out Hollywood WOOHOO. We are gonna be rich!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is "anonymous" Doug? LOL I totally agree with you. No ear piercing until HS. No real makeup until HS. She'll probably have her cell phone in the purse as well. Of course, there might be something much better than cell phones by then. Oh and no tattoos...EVER. Man, I'm very opinionated for someone who doesn't even have a boyfriend, much less a child. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm I'm not sure. I guess I'll ask him when I get home!

    ReplyDelete