Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pumpkins, ships, and jets. Your typical 8 month old's weekend.

Sydney has come a long way in her almost 9 months of life. She has two bottom teeth. See?



And likes to play peek-a-boo with Mommy and Daddy and the dining chair…





Something about this picture reminds me of Officer and a Gentleman where Paula is working in the factory wearing a bandana. I tried googling for a good screenshot, but I got two naked men riding bikes in London. Seriously! I would not lie about something like that. I’m sure my work computer has now been flagged. Too bad it wasn’t Richard Gere from American Gigolo. But I digress. Back to Sydney and her Paula washcloth/bandana. That is where the similarity ends. There will be no driving over the bridge to the base to pick up hot guys and spending nights in a shady hotel no matter if he makes you eggs the next morning :) It also reminds me of Lucy Ricardo. Nice, wholesome, Lucy Ricardo.



So this weekend we were quite busy. To start off, we had lunch with friends and then went to a big antiques barn where we saw this um,well…Indian Superman? I think Yoshie does a great impression!



I personally think Jesus could have used the flowery scarf to bandage his hand so as not to lose his finger. But what do I know.



And then we took Sydney to get her first pumpkin.



Sydney's little pony.



Whatcu talkin’ ‘bout Mommy?



Oh, we're going to decorate it.



Silly me :)



I’ll clean you and paint you and hug you and love you forever and ever.



Giddy up!



Is there anything cuter than a baby’s bottom?



Yep.



Double yep.



Diva in training. Can’t you just see the long hair being shook from her shoulders right before she asks to up her allowance?



This weekend was also Fleet Week down in Norfolk. ROAD TRIP!

There were aircraft carriers (the Ike, even though it wasn’t available for tours).



And amphib ships that we did get to tour. Thank you USS Ponce (LPD-15).



The Ike in the background.



In her rightful spot, the Captain’s chair!



This is the bay where they launch all the smaller boats while at sea. And the nice sailor who gave us the tour. Sorry for the massive sun glare.



On the pier with Daddy.



It was a little windy on the pier.



Daddy, I want to go back on the ship!



But there are planes to see at Oceana.



OK, but I want to take a nap on the way.



And I only want Mr. Snuffleupagus to wake me up.



Daddy, I’m glad you woke me up to see this!



Mommy is too!

"It takes a lot more than just fancy flying." (Bonus points if you know where that is from. It should be painfully obvious for anyone who knows me hehe!)



In case there is anyone out there who doesn’t know what that hugely awesome plane is!!!



Mommy and Daddy take a self-portrait in front of the after burner. How HOT is that?!



Mommy and Sydney in the afterburner!



These next two are for you Garry. It just wouldn't be a road trip without violating something.





Let’s see. Loves baseball. Loves Dirty Dancing. And now, loves the Blue Angels. Definitely my girl!

1 comment:

  1. Your second violation pic disturbs me, but the first one was rather funny. So, I'm guessing the quote is from "Top Gun"? I didn't google it to see if I'm right.

    I love, love the pics of Sydney with the pumkins. Those are so colorful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete