Since you last heard from us, or at least read about us, we have done many exciting things. We rolled around on our neighbor’s floor with not a care in the world! Actually, this was done before my last post at our neighbor's 1st birthday party, but I just like this picture. It was fun. We had fun. Fun is good.
We opened and played with lots presents, including the popcorn thingy, featured front and center, which I now affectionately refer to as the toy that almost killed Mommy on Christmas morning, all while watching 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS (a favorite family tradition!).
And we took a break for a bottle and a smile.
The next day Sydney took her first plane ride to MS to visit Grandma and Grandpa. She LOVED looking out the window.
She did great on the plane, which was a welcome surprise seeing as how she had a double ear infection. Doug, however, did not fare so well with his head cold. The altitude brought him to his knees on the airplane bathroom floor (GROSS!) twice between DC and Memphis. Poor daddy.
Grandma and Grandpa Lucky and Aunt Lou picked us up at the airport. They were so excited to see Sydney! She’s grown so much since we were home over Easter. I was excited to see it was WARM and SUNNY and PERFECT Christmas weather! How Christmas should be. Not this crazy icy, rainy, cloudy, dreary, depressing mess that is December in MD. And of course I was happy to be home with my mom and dad too :)
Sydney also got to hang out with her cousins Hayley and Carlee, who were more than willing to feed and entertain her so Mommy and Daddy could relax for a few.
And the rest of her cousins, Holden, Jake (who grew at least another 2 inches since we saw him at Easter!!!), Christopher, Hayley, Carlee, and Sydney.
Uncle Doug is now skilled in the Game of Life. Whatever happened to the old school version with the wheel you actually got to spin? And the little car with pink and blue pegs that represented you, your spouse, and offspring should you be cool enough to land on that space??? Now it’s all electronic and comes with a fake Visa card! Seriously.
Sydney took a break from her toy to enjoy a cracker. Now I see why our neighbor's sister calls her Cheekers lol!
Isn’t my new nephdog adorable??? Maybe Remi and TJ will have a new puppy to play with soon too :)
Here’s Carlee and Christopher cheesing it up!
Grandma and Sydney reading a book. Could it get any sweeter?
And the moment y’all have been waiting for. Easily one of the top 3 reasons to travel on a plane with an infant to Pascagoula, MS (right behind seeing my family and friends and 70+ degree weather in December). Sydney had her very first Edd's chilicheeseburger!!!
Mmmmm!
And she LOVED every bite! As if there was any doubt. I raised my girl right.
So yummy, yummy! (PS That is my current ring tone. I couldn't get it out of my head after visiting you guys.)
ReplyDeleteI see Becky's kids definitely have the Lucky tall genes! I wonder if Sydney will be just as tall.
And finally, yes, I was really sad to see that the Game of Life had gone electronic. What's worse is how the winner is determined. If you read the directions, it states that the winner is determined by some random formula. What's up with that?