Over a week later and we are all back among the living, even though Sydney relapsed on Monday and daycare called asking us to come get her. It's times like that when I really hate my job and the fact that I couldn't get home to my daughter for at least 2 and a half hours. The first bus out in the afternoon was just over an hour away, then another hour and twenty minute ride home and a cab ride would have ranged in the 3-digit realm, or at least I am assuming it would have but I can't be sure, and if I had taken metro, well, it's still 20 miles from my house and I'd have to take another expensive cab ride and it would have saved NO time. Fortunately, Doug was able to leave work and pick her up about an hour later. And he is twice the distance from home that I am. How much sense does that make? But he drives because there is no other commuting option for him. So it worked out.
Anyway, I am back in the office where it's pretty quiet. Something about ice and such has everyone home. I thought we'd at least have a delayed opening since the majority of the schools are closed and more, but no, the powers that be decided that people in DC should all venture downtown before anyone has bothered to de-ice the sidewalk and the roads are still in sad shape. I walked most of the way from the bus stop to my building (almost 2 blocks) in the street because I didn't have skates to use on the sidewalk. Not that it would have mattered if I did because I don't know how to ice skate. Oh well. I am here. I am cold. I am going to peek outside and see if the ice has melted so I can go to Starbucks and hopefully gain consciousness before lunch. Mmmmm ham sandwich.
And because I feel like I have been whiny lately, here's a cheery end to today's post, 5 things about me you may or may not have known.
1. I'm a closet NSync fan and am hoping for a reunion. It's too bad Sydney's not older because then I'd have an excuse to see them in concert should that glorious day ever come!
2. I don't like the hair on my toes so I shave it. Yes, I did just go there. You can stop laughing and judging now :) I'm just keeping it real y'all!
3. I hope the writers of Gossip Girl (tv, not book) decide to give Chuck his monkey because that could only make him more awesome! I'm Chuck Bass. Hot!
4. I would be willing to lead a campaign against mayonnaise as a condiment. Team Mustard!
5. I am shamelessly addicted to the girls over at gfy. I have to be careful that I am not ingesting any beverage when I read their posts because it's likely to come out of my nose!
There you have it. Five useless facts about yours truly. Please feel free to share your own in the comments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Teresa - I'm having major internet difficulties with Typepad & trying to get your email address. Hopefully this works out okay... :) I just wanted to assign you your letter......
ReplyDeleteDrum roll please.....
Your letter is....
M
Now, get cracking. :)
Becky aka StinkyLemsky
Oh yay! I shall get started on a new post now :)
ReplyDeleteI'm Chuck Bass...love it! I desperately need to watch some TV!! PS I miss Veronica Mars and all her sassiness. (Is that a word? Firefox doesn't think so.)
ReplyDelete