Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I sNOw don't like you in that way...

For those of you who have not watched the news over the last 72 hours, we got a bit of snow here in MD Sunday night into Monday. By bit, I mean close to 12 inches, which really isn't all that much when you look at places like Buffalo or Boston. But for southern MD/DC, this wreaks all kinds of havoc. So I opted to follow our unscheduled leave policy and stay home with Sydney and Doug. Here's what transpired.

Sunday afternoon we went to Y's birthday party.



Sarah and baby M were there. How precious is she???!!! And mom looks great too!



And Logan and E. He's such a good big brother!



And no party is complete without Sydney and her sippy cup.



Here's what our driveway looked like when we got home from the party.



Here's the face Sydney made when Doug let her eat some snow. By the look on her face, you'd think it was yellow. And no, it wasn't.



Here's me begging Doug to help me up off the driveway after making a snow angel. WHAT was I thinking???



My snow angel.



The next morning it was still snowing and we got Sydney all bundled up to go outside. One guess on what she thought...



We returned to the scene of the crime a few hours later.



There were mixed reactions.



The final verdict...she was much happier sitting here with Mr. Bunny.



Or scaling all her toys.



While Daddy was outside doing this.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, snow days! I'm SO ready for Spring... the birds have started chirping outside my window... why hasn't the better weather arrived too?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Most of our snow had melted by Monday morning, but there was still ice. I think we got around 4-5 inches in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete