At one time, I could tell you which one was Matthew and which one was Gunnar. Not so much anymore. However, I do still remember all the words to every song from their After the Rain album. Mental note: must add to ipod.

Also covering my walls were posters of Corey Haim, all carefully extracted from BOP and 16 magazines that I would have to BEG my mother to buy. For the record, License to Drive was like the best movie ever back in the day!

And then there was Kirk Cameron. Big brother to Carol and Ben. Best friend to Boner.

Of course, there were filler posters taking up the rest of the wall that included, Jon Bon Jovi, Scott Baio, Richard Grieco, and New Kids on the Block. What can I say? I was a child of the 80's and teenager of the 90's.
All this has me thinking, who will be Sydney's teen crush? Will she have to grate on my last nerve to get me to buy those teenybopper magazines or will she find a way to sneak them onto the belt at the grocery store without me knowing? Momma, please disregard that last statement as I would never ever do anything like that. I was the good one!
Who was on your wall growing up?
I had Kurt Cameron too! Also had a poster of Joe from NKOTB and the Top Gun movie poster which I can't believe you didn't have. Can't remember any others!
ReplyDeleteLet's see... Since I was a teen in the 80s, I had Duran Duran, Ricky Schroeder (Silver Spoon days), the Brat Pack (Emilio, Judd, Andrew, Rob, etc). Also I was a big fan of the movie "The Outsiders", so add Patrick Swayze, Tommy Howell (drool), Ralph Macchio, Matt Dillon. I can't remember who else, but the poster covered the walls and the ceiling. Bop was my favorite and I used my allowance to buy it.
ReplyDeleteWhat about David Lee Roth that hung on our ceiling over our bed????
ReplyDeleteAh, yes. How could I forget that masterpiece! And Amanda, I do currently own the Top Gun poster. It resides in my basement :)
ReplyDeleteHey--what is this about YOU being the good one????
ReplyDelete