Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Building of a Deck: Part 2

'During'









Oooh. Rails!





And real patio furniture! Gotta love those sales at Sears :)



No, you're eyes do NOT deceive you. Those are real live tomato plants on my deck (and basil, cilantro, and squash too). And I planted them. Pinky swear! I stuck my hands in real live dirt and fertilizer and planted them. OK, so they were gloved hands, but still. And they didn't have any buds when I brought them home.



Yay for little bitty buds that might actually grow into something edible should my luck hold out and I don't send them to an early compost pile! Oh wait, I don't compost. I don't even know what compost is, except that it's something to do with gardening and trash I think. Hmmm, let me google. In the meantime, enjoy the buds :)

Now, back to my regularly scheduled program of Sno-Caps and water :)

No comments:

Post a Comment