Monday, November 17, 2008

Black and white is the theme for today.

Sydney wearing her hippo ballerina pjs (and Ethan's penguin-fied leg)



Anyone know what this is?



Anyone? Anyone?


"In 1930, the Republican-controlled House of Representatives, in an effort to alleviate the effects of the... Anyone? Anyone?... the Great Depression, passed the... Anyone? Anyone? The tariff bill? The Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act? Which, anyone? Raised or lowered?... raised tariffs, in an effort to collect more revenue for the federal government. Did it work? Anyone? Anyone know the effects? It did not work, and the United States sank deeper into the Great Depression. Today we have a similar debate over this. Anyone know what this is? Class? Anyone? Anyone? Anyone seen this before? The Laffer Curve. Anyone know what this says? It says that at this point on the revenue curve, you will get exactly the same amount of revenue as at this point. This is very controversial. Does anyone know what Vice President Bush called this in 1980? Anyone? Something-d-o-o economics. "Voodoo" economics."

Sorry. I just had to. But no, it's not VP Bush. Or Ben Stein in Ferris Bueller. Oh cool. According to imdb, Ben Stein shares a birthday with my brother-in-law. I get the pleasure of sharing one with Fred Durst, Al Roker, Robert Plant, and Isaac Hayes! Chef! Sweet. Wait. What was I talking about before I had a Ferris flashback? Oh yeah. Anyone know what this is? Anyone? OK. OK.



It's a wonderfully cute and sleeping Remi.

And the evidence I was telling you about in my last post.



Yes. I know it's not black and white. Well, not completely. Just the bags under my eyes. Oh, what I wouldn't give to take a nap right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment