Thursday, December 18, 2008

Deer season is not for this southern girl, but Doug enjoyed himself.

After Thanksgiving, Doug ventured up to Potter County to do a little hunting with his family for the first time in 10 years. They should have come to DC and hunted pigeons instead. Why, you ask yourself? So I don't have to worry about another one flying into my head while I'm walking to the post office during lunch. Yes. A pigeon flew into my head today. Totally blindsided me. The sneaky bird. Is there any wonder why things with wings give me the heeby jeebys? Anyway, here are a few of the pictures he brought back with him…



That's Tim trying to relax under Ned and Fred. (Yes, I named the dead deer mounted on the wall. It’s somehow less creepy to see dead things hanging there helpless when they have names.) Personally, I’d need a few more of what Tim is drinking before I could sit there without jumping out of my skin. But that’s just my very domesticated, non-outdoorsy, totally-happy-in-a-shopping-mall girly opinion.



Here’s Marty eating some super yummy cheetos. Crop my head over his and you’ve got a pregnant me. My fingers were a lovely shade of orange for a couple months when the cravings got really bad!



This picture just warms my heart because who doesn’t dream of being able to pull off Daisy Dukes over long johns and a blaze orange hat? Seriously. There were many cold winter nights when I lived in NJ and couldn’t afford to turn on my heat that I compiled similar outfits to sleep in! Ahhh memories. Bitterly cold memories. Thanks Arnie :)



Awww. Tim and Ken are all tuckered out after a long day of sitting in the woods shooting at Ned and Fred’s long lost brother Jed.



ACK! Snow! I knew there was a reason I didn’t join the hubby on this trip. Well, besides the fact that I wasn’t invited. But if I was, I still would have made an excuse because this Mississippi girl does NOT fair well in the snow. Anywho. Those are the boys in all their snowy hunting glory.

3 comments:

  1. A pidgeon flew into your head... I can only sit here and imagine what I would have done. I have hunting issues also and I think that some of those stuffed animals follow you with their eyes. Naming them is a helpful tip...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because I can't type...wish I could pull of the daisy duke/long john combo that well. LOL

    ReplyDelete