Thursday, December 4, 2008

Hey hey mama said the way you move gonna make you sweat gonna make you groove

So now that you know what is currently playing on my ipod, let’s play catch up. Sydney had fun eating strawberries for breakfast.



Then there was Thanksgiving. And turkey. A fresh, uncooked turkey that needed cleaning. And me, with the best of intentions, to do said cleaning. Right up until it was sitting in my sink. Naked. All covered in dimply skin. And I choked (possibly on bile). I made Doug violate the turkey. I saw him pull the neck out. And I choked again and ran out of the kitchen. That decided things. I will never buy another turkey again, at least not one that isn’t already cooked. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. And I have seen some gross stuff. I still have nightmares from junior high and watching Faces of Death with some friends. But alas, there was a happy ending. A lot happier than the poor skydiver who missed his target and landed in the alligator pit. Oopsy. ANYWAY. Here is our grand Thanksgiving feast for two and a quarter.



There was turkey, dressing, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, carrots, mashed potatoes, rolls, fudge, and birthday cake (more on that later). We woke Sydney up from her nap to partake in the festivities.



You mean you woke me up for this?



It didn't take Sydney long to dump the food from her plate onto her tray and begin feasting. Apparently it was worth getting her out of bed.



Daddy thought so too. You are getting the censored picture of Doug basking on the floor since he asked me nicely not to post the one of him with pants unbuttoned. I guess dinner was pretty good. Yay!



Hours later when everything settled, we had dessert in the form of birthday cake for Doug. The sprinkles were cute. The writing, not so cute. There’s a reason I don’t work in the cake writing business. See for yourself. At least it tasted good.



Here’s the birthday boy getting ready to blow out all 7 of his candles because I was nice enough not to add the other 31 that should have been there. Don’t worry sweetheart, I like my men older :) Not to mention I forgot to buy more candles the billion times I was at the grocery store over the last 2 weeks.



And now for some random cuteness. Here we have Sydney trying to eat an apple.



And dancing with her daddy.



Here we all are at our neighbor’s birthday party. It was held at the local ice rink after one of his games. Brrr!



My fur babies, Remi and TJ. PS, whoever invented the double-leash, I heart you!



Sydney prefers to dine with a view.



Remi and TJ will do just about anything so long as they can see outside.



No, your eyes do not deceive you. That is a girl riding a horse down our street. I’m not really sure what that was all about other than to drive the dogs completely NUTS!



One. Two. Three. Four. Yep, we’re up to 4 teeth now and possibly her one year molars coming in. But I’m too chicken to stick my fingers in her mouth to verify. Those things HURT!

1 comment:

  1. What kind of turkey did you buy? The frozen ones don't have necks and the innards come in a bag. It's basically like a big chicken.

    4 teeth! MAKE HER STOP GROWING!!! Not that she won't be cute when she's older, but I'd like her to be a baby for a little longer. :)

    And I think the cake looks great. At least you know it won't end up on Cake Wrecks (http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/).

    ReplyDelete