Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day. Take 2.

Psst. In case you missed it, this past Sunday was Mother's Day. My second one to be exact, but who's counting?! It was a very enjoyable day.

There was breakfast in bed. The only way to eat breakfast, really.

There was playing with Sydney when she first woke up and getting her breakfast ready, even if her breakfast consisted of the waffles I managed to not shove down my throat.

There was going back to sleep after Doug decided to take Sydney out for a while. A little father/daughter quality time spent at Lowe's and possibly Target, our home away from home! Mommy really enjoyed her 2 hour nap.

There was a toddler-free trip to Target and the mall when I woke up, with a pit stop at the food court to visit Mrs. Fields. Yum!

That is where the joy of solitude ended for me on Mother's Day. While I enjoyed having a few hours to myself to actually get things done without distractions (have you tried going into a fitting room with more than 1 item and a toddler at the same time, not always fun), I started noticing how many moms were out with their daughters and family. The thrill of shopping was no longer in me. All I felt was guilt and I wanted to go home and be with Doug and Sydney. So I put down everything I was planning to try on. Goodbye cute and whispy white tank with big purple polkadots. But will I really miss you because you did have a $70 price tag? $70? What the heck was I thinking? Of course I will not miss you and when did I turn cheap? A few years ago that would have been riding shotgun next to me on the way home! But I digress. I went home and met Doug and Sydney for lunch. He brought home burgers and fries from Five Guys. More YUM!

After lunch and naptime we packed up and went to the park. It was definitely my favorite part of the day. Here's why :)

Sydney had so much fun in the yellow tube!











Could there be a sweeter father/daughter picture?



Of course, the cuteness factor was upped by her letting the guys playing football know that she wanted that ball! Over and over again! I guess you just had to be there :)



We're still working on the fundamentals of the slide. It seems she's got them backwards!



But who cares when at the end of the day, this is what I get to see?







I love you Doug and Sydney. Thank you for the best 2nd Mother's Day ever :)

4 comments:

  1. I really had a great time on Sunday, We went to Lowes and to the Park and just had some good'ol family fun time it was great. I love you hunney! Happy Mothers day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pics - loved seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Where are you shopping exactly if a tank top is $70?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I foraged into Macy's for the first time in several years, quick trips to the Clinque counter aside. I felt like I was having some out of body experience in there. Strange!

    ReplyDelete