My weekend starts in less than 2 hours. Hooray!
Said weekend will include running in a 5k with my friend Sarah tomorrow morning at the new National Harbor. Hooray!
Most likely in the rain. Boo!
Sarah says they have a Ben and Jerry's there. Hooray!
And a Potbelly's. Double Hooray!
There's a wellness expo and farmer's market afterwards too. Maybe I can get some fresh corn and okra. Woot!
And then there's Sunday. Mother's Day. My second. It's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that I'm a mom sometimes. But I love it. It's very gratifying work. Hard work sometimes, but worth every second of labor. Pun intended. Geez I crack myself up. Ha! Anyway, we don't have any plans for Sunday as I'm not a big fan of waiting 3 hours to eat at Olive Garden, or any other restaurant for that matter. I would rather spend the day at home with Doug and Sydney, or at the park chasing her around the playground. So maybe that is what we will do to celebrate this year. A picnic in the park. Simple. Serene. Sunny. And maybe a nice foot massage thrown in for good measure :)
How will you celebrate?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Saturday: A day of dissapointments Pot belly's and Ben and Jerry's were closed, We had to go to the doctor for an EPI shot thanks to an amoxicillian reaction, and didn't get a foot rub. But Sunday was pretty good I thought : ) At least Sydney and I had a great day with you.
ReplyDelete